Rather than use traditional acids to etch plates, Women’s Studio Workshop uses non-toxic materials: ferric chloride for copper and salt etch for aluminum and zinc. We generally stock copper and plastic plates, along with a selection of fine print and handmade papers.
Learn more about renting our studios here, or contact our Studio Manager Chris Petrone at [email protected] or (845) 658-9133 for more information.
Etching Studio Equipment List
- 1200 sq. ft. studio space
- Two Charles Brand press, 30″ x 50″ and 26″ x 48″
- 18″ x 22″ viscosity rollers
- A separate ventilated acid room with a 4’ x 29” workspace and stainless steel sink
- Hot plate 20”x 24”
- Flexible shaft rotary tool
- 18″ x 24″ vertical tank with Ferric Chloride
- Etching trays up to 25″ x 30″
- Drying rack 30″ x 46″
- Damp/dry box 28″ x 42″
- Glass top inking table 26″ x 8′
- Photopolymer platemaking capacity up to 23″ x 29″