WSW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NOW HIRING: BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Applications for this position will open on 2/8/23 and close on 3/8/23 at midnight EST.
Our campus and staff have grown in the last four years and we need to support and advance our mission and our teams’ talents and resources by hiring a full-time Business Operations Assistant.
WSW is a non-profit founded in 1974, with a growing footprint on Binnewater Lane, Rosendale, NY. We own and operate four buildings and have a $1M annual budget. Our work team includes 8 full and part-time staff members, 4 consultants, and a Board of Directors.
Women’s Studio Workshop is dedicated to building an equitable and inclusive workplace. Candidates must demonstrate strong cultural competency, including the ability to communicate and work closely with individuals of all ethnicities, genders, orientations, ages and backgrounds.
Please read the full job description and then upload your resume and cover letter through our portal by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. Please have your cover letter respond to 1. the Skills and Experience section listed below and 2. your interest in and the value of excellent business administration. Thank you for considering WSW!
Full-Time, Permanent, Salaried, At-Will, Administrative Employee who qualifies for overtime wages.
Base wages $40,800 to $42,700 per year.
45 weeks a year, 35 hour work week, Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm work hours, one hour lunch.
7 continuous weeks during summer, 40 hour work week, Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm work hours, one hour lunch. Note: 2023 summer SAI program dates: Mon, July 10 – Fri, Aug 25.
Occasional work hours for support at evening and weekend events.
722 Binnewater Lane, Kingston, NY 12401
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Interacts with and assists colleagues within organization, artists-in-residence, and community members
- Supervises interns and volunteers, as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful prior experience with finance, office, and operations administration.
- Experience with managing calendars, scheduling, purchasing, audits, internal reports, IT support, general correspondence, emergency preparedness, and human resources is preferred.
- Excellent and accurate keyboarding and document and information management skills.
- Expert juggler of multiple deadlines, projects, and detail.
- Can handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and grace.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, problem solve, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Time efficient worker who is punctual, dependable, and self-sufficient.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and customer service abilities.
- Conducts vendor and staff relationships in a professional, patient, and friendly manner.
- Comfortable exercising independent judgment based on best practices and WSW policies.
- Google Workspace: Drive and Groups Admin
- Salesforce or other CRM
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Acrobat
- WordPress or other html website management software
- Quickbooks for invoicing and direct payment
- Troubleshooting for Mac and PC
- Experience working in a fast paced and friendly work environment
- Valid State Issued Driver’s License
- Able to lift 20 lbs
- Absent qualifying medical or religious reasons, all new WSW employees must present proof of COVID-19 vaccinations and booster vaccinations
EMPLOYER PAID TIME OFF PER YEAR:
- 10 vacation days (accrual schedule for first and second year)
- 12 sick days
- 9 holidays
- All work days and Federal holidays between Dec 23 and Jan 2 (approximate dates; exact dates set each year).
OTHER EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS:
- Outstanding Health and Dental Insurance for the employee
- IRA program with employer contribution
- Professional Development opportunities
- Free evening and weekend classes (when space is available).
*Effective November 1, 2021, absent a qualifying exception for medical or religious reasons, newly hired employees of the Women’s Studio Workshop(WSW) must present proof of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination and may not begin employment until 14 days after their receipt of their second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or 14 days after their first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. We will consider exemptions for prospective employees who cannot become vaccinated due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice. Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment and who seek a medical or religious exemption to the WSW vaccination policy will be provided with additional instructions at the time of the conditional offer.