We are not currently accepting applications for this opportunity.
This two-month internship runs through our Summer Art Institute (SAI) workshops. You’ll primarily work independently in the kitchen, honing culinary and planning skills. Your work will directly contribute to WSW’s community by bringing staff and SAI participants together over a midday meal.
- Planning weekly, rotating menus for staff and SAI students (an absolute cap of 45 people/day)
- Preparing mostly vegetarian lunches and accommodating allergies and dietary restrictions
- Grocery shopping
- Cleaning and general maintenance of WSW’s kitchen facilities
- Previous cooking experience
- Ability to work independently (Guidance can be provided by WSW staff, but you are expected to be comfortable working alone in the kitchen)
- Valid driver’s licence and a good driving record (or your own vehicle)
All internships include a private room in WSW’s on-campus Anne Atwood House and a stipend of $400/month. Interns work 40 hours/week, generally Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:00, but the schedule may change to accommodate the Workshop’s programming. Interns have access to the studios for their own work outside of regular working hours and with respect to studio programming. The summer session ends before the group exhibition, but this intern is still welcome to participate.
Applications open: July 1
Applications due: November 15, 11:59pm EST
Notification date: January 15
Length of internship: 2 months
Internship occurs: July – August the year following application
Application must include:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information for 3 references
- A sample menu for 5 lunches (one week’s menu)
- Up to ten images of recent work, which must include examples of functional pieces (digital specifications here)
- An image script, which should include the title, medium, dimension, and date of each image