WSW has been making quality handmade papers since 1979. Our Papermaking studio is designed for sheet-forming processes, low relief, and three-dimensional work.
In 1999, WSW began the ArtFarm program, which allows us to grow our own fibers for hand papermaking. Through ArtFarm we’ve now tested over one hundred native and invasive species for their fiber strength, coloring capacity, print worthiness, and translucency.
Papermaking Studio Equipment List
- 1000 sq. ft. studio space
- Two 1-1/2 lb. Hollander beaters: one David Reina and one custom built
- 30″ x 40″ hydraulic press
- Vats up to 22″x 28″
- 4′ x 6′ custom stainless steel vacuum table
- A variety of moulds and deckles including small sugetas
- 30″ x 40″ stack dryer
- Outdoor cooking facility for fibers and dyes