Contributing to the Annual Benefit & Auction
Thank you for considering sponsoring or making a donation to this year’s Benefit and Auction. Please contact our office at (845) 658-9133 or email email@example.com.
For a decade, WSW has celebrated leaders in the local and artistic communities with our annual Gala. This staple event has grown to attract over 200 attendees looking to support regional art and business. The Annual Benefit and Auction will be June 23, 2019 at the Senate Garage.
Why support the Women’s Studio Workshop?
WSW operates and maintains an artists’ workspace that provides professional opportunities for women artists at various stages of their careers. WSW’s mission is vital. According to the National Museum of Women in the Arts, women earn half of all MFAs in visual art granted in the U.S., but are only featured in a quarter of solo exhibitions in New York galleries. Women’s Studio Workshop is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, which means that your contribution is fully tax deductible.
What will my donation support?
Funds raised through the Gala enable WSW to sustain and elevate vital programs & initiatives:
- Generating $2.5 million annually for the local economy
- Paying artists more than $150,000 per year for making their work
- Hosting cultural tourists through 20+ Summer Art Institute workshops per year
- Running the highest rated visual arts education program in New York State
- Publishing handmade books – WSW is the largest publisher of artists’ books in the U.S.
- Building community through year-round ceramics classes
- Substantially advancing the careers of more than 600 artists
- Operating the only visual arts residency in the U.S. that is solely for women