SAI 2020 Refund and Cancellation Policy
Thank you for your interest in Summer Art Institute (SAI) 2020! As you know, we are facing unprecedented and rapidly-shifting circumstances as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. As always, if Women’s Studio Workshop cancels a workshop for any reason, your deposit will be refunded in full. We will make a decision about running SAI workshops as we draw closer to summer, and based on the recommendations of our local, state, and national governments. We will stay in communication with you about that decision as it develops. In the meantime, we have updated our refund and cancellation policies.
For signups occurring on or after March 20, 2020: To thank you for your optimism and investment in the arts during this uncertain time, we have temporarily enacted a reduced deposit of $100. Due to our continued administrative costs and presumed knowledge of risk, this deposit is non-refundable if you choose to cancel your registration.
For signups occurring before March 20, 2020: If you are no longer willing or able to attend your workshop, we would like to offer you three options.
- We invite you to consider donating a portion of your deposit to WSW to ensure that we can maintain and elevate our vital programming. Your support is essential, and deeply appreciated.
- We are happy to apply your deposit to a workshop in the next five years. We look forward to seeing you in the coming summers!
- If you are unable to take advantage of the previous options, we will issue a refund.
If SAI workshops run as scheduled, our standard cancellation policy is still in place:
The $100 deposit for classes is non-refundable regardless of when cancellation occurs. The following refund policy helps to eliminate last-minute workshop cancellations due to under-enrollment:
- If you cancel 30 days or more prior to the class start date, then tuition and lab fee will be returned, minus the non-refundable $100 deposit.
- If you cancel 15-29 days prior to the class start date, then 50% of tuition and lab fee will be returned, minus the non-refundable $100 deposit.
- If you cancel 14 days or fewer prior to the class start date, neither tuition, lab fee, nor deposit will be returned.
Classes need a minimum of four participants to run. If possible, participants will be given four week’s notice if a class has been cancelled due to under-enrollment. WSW is not responsible for non-refundable travel or housing costs incurred by students.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.