Beisinghoff Printmaking Residency
The Beisinghoff Printmaking Residency is a four-week opportunity that allows artists to work in a beautiful printmaking studio in Diemelstadt-Rhoden, Germany. Two artists will be chosen to work at Atelierhaus Beisinghoff, less than an hour away from Kassel, Germany.
This opportunity affords artists more than just studio time. Images, thoughts, and words from diverse viewpoints come together when artists from different continents converge at Atelierhaus. Barbara Beisinghoff also invites local press for an artists’ presentation during the residency. You can find more information about the facilities and surrounding area here: atelierhausbeisinghoff.blogspot.com and on WSW’s Flickr site.
Accommodation is free of charge and provides artists with an apartment, shared bath, library, kitchen, living room, and garden. The resident pays for travel costs, food, and materials. Artists prepare lunch together.
Atelierhaus Beisinghoff offers access to:
- Letterpress studio with Korrex flatbed press, Garamond, Helvetica, Futura, Wallau, and some Bodoni Antiqua typefaces
- Intaglio studio with Plankenhorn etching press for paper up to 132 x 180 cm (52 x 70 in) and Kniehebel toggle press 32 x 42 cm, for smaller etchings and woodcuts.
Applications open: December 1
Applications due: June 30, midnight EST
Notification date: August 15
Length of residency: 4 weeks
Residency occurs: July or August following application
Application must include:
- A current resume
- A one sentence project summary followed by a brief project description (no more than 300 words total)
- Up to ten images of recent work (digital specifications here)
- An image script, which should include the title, medium, dimension, and date of each image