Giving Tuesday is the international day of philanthropy. Celebrated on November 29th, after consumer-centric Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday is the day for everyone, everywhere to give back to their communities. This year, we are raising money for an initiative that will change the future of WSW’s publishing program.
In October, a member of our community generously donated a Risograph machine to WSW! Here’s why this is so exciting:
- This equipment will allow us to dramatically change the type, and amount, of publications we have capacity for.
- As an extremely accessible form of printmaking, adding Risograph to our publishing program will create an opportunity for a broader range of price points in our artist’s book catalog.
- New equipment means new opportunities for programming and education! We’re brainstorming workshops, weekend classes, and more!
Our goal is to raise $5000 in a single day to get our Riso program up and running! Here’s why:
- We need to get a multi-year service contract to get (and keep) the machine running.
- We need to train staff and interns to use and maintain the equipment
- Risograph machines use large drums of ink in standardized colors. Right now, we have two drums of a single color. We need to expand our palette before we can get started!
The future of our Riso program is in your hands! Join us on this journey, and give today.
*NAMING CONTEST!* With every contribution you make to the future of our Risograph program, you get an opportunity to name our new machine! Which powerful futuristic gal will be our Riso’s namesake–Lieutenant Uhura, Ellen Ripley, or Sarah Connor? Vote with your dollar below!
Have PayPal ? You can also donate through the PayPal Giving Fund! PayPal will cover the transaction fees and add 1% to your gift!